View Single Post
May 2nd, 2013, 08:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colliekat View Post
My daughter was breech. She never went head down at any time and I tried everything from the chiro doing the Webster technique to lying upside down on an ironing board and I was at the pool every darn day doing somersault and tumbles in the water. Nothing worked and at 38 weeks I had an extraversion scheduled to try turn her. At the last minute I backed out with a gut feeling that it wasn't the right thing to do.

Thank God I went with that feeling. When I had my c/s it was discovered that her cord was only about 4 inches long and was holding her like a bungee cord. She physically could not turn. If we had forced her via that extraversion, her cord would have torn and she could have died.

It's very unusual but the c/s was the safest ultimately for us both and I recovered very quickly from it. If you have to have one, don't worry about it. I was terrified but it wasn't a big deal for me. I'm going for a vbac with Caelyn and her cord looks long enough and we have seen her head down on ultrasound, so fingers crossed. Ultimately whatever is safest for our sweet babies is the right choice.
That's why my midwife's other client's baby flipped during labor. Her cord was too short. It did tear, but thankfully baby was okay. Pretty scary.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!