View Single Post
May 3rd, 2013, 12:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Well the reason behind giving the pitocin after birth is to help the uterus contract and prevent post partum hemorrhage. This is most often due to uterine atony (or weak uterus basically).

I have had to had the pit shot after almost every birth since #5. In the hospital and during my homebirths. I do tend to bleed a lot.

I have been reading everything I can find about this and avoiding the shot and excessive bleeding after this birth. Currently I am drinking the red raspberry leaf tea 2-4 times a day and taking a tbsp of liquid chlorophyll in water every morning. I will most likely add extra Vitamin K closer to the end.

I also have low platelets during pregnancy and I think that contributes to the heavy bleeding after birth. I am taking the chlorophyll for that too. I have read papaya leaf juice helps with the platelets issue but can't find it anywhere in the local health food stores.

Anyway, I am doing the RRL tea to strengthen the uterus in hopes to avoid the uterine atony and the pit shot. It can't hurt and it doesn't taste bad at all, hot or iced.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!