View Single Post
May 4th, 2013, 03:53 PM
August 2013 DDC Co-Host
Nope, not a fan of makeup on little girls here either! Made a small exception a few weeks ago though

Madison had a very formal (black tie!) event for the Arthritis Foundation and she was their "Key to the Cure Ambassador" (they choose a child living with Arthritis to tell their story and help get donations) a few weeks ago and we got her a fancy dress and did her hair. She *REALLY* wanted to wear makeup though...
DH told me to put a little on if she wanted it because it was such a special occasion for her... so I literally used my Urban Decay Naked palette (which is pretty much just a bunch of nude/light colors) and I brushed a tiny but of nude eyeshadow that had a SLIGHT shimmer (color is called "Sin" actually lol) and put some clear lip gloss on her. She was THRILLED to be able to wear it and I honestly felt comfortable with it because you couldn't really even see it but she knew it was there and that's what made her feel special lol

On the flip side- her mother lets her do whatever she wants and she's come home wearing bright blue eyeshadow, blush, lipstick, etc. Drives me nuts but I can't tell her mother not to do it unfortunately.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*