View Single Post
May 4th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Hi ladies,

Hoping for a little insight...I have had 4 miscarriages all in the first trimester. The most recent was in October, the baby's heart had stopped at 9 weeks. I do have 3 healthy children who are 12, 10 and 6. Due to my issues I had my first ultrasound at 5 weeks. We saw 1 sac with a yolk no heartbeat or fetal pole. My second ultrasound exactly a week later showed 2 sacs, 1 with heartbeat and the second a surprise that was much smaller and my doctor couldn't tell if there was a yolk but she thought she saw something. She didn't schedule me for another ultrasound until 9 weeks (23rd). I feel like I will drive myself crazy until then. Not only worrying about making it through the 1st trimester but now the disappointment if its not twins. Could they just be different conception days considering the 2nd wasn't spotted at 5 weeks but popped up smaller at 6. I knew something was off with this pregnancy, but I passed it off to my age (I'm 35). I'm nauseous all the time and exhausted, which never was a problem with my other pregnancies. My hope is that there will be 2 healthy babies at 9 weeks.

I also have been spotting, which only happened with my first son. They put me on progesterone suppositories. I have used them twice a day with every pregnancy since as well as this one. I don't understand the spotting, it's only a little and my doctor doesn't seem concerned but with my history I panic.

Does anyone have a similar story?

Thanks, Melissa