View Single Post
May 5th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry you are having a rough day . TTC can suck pretty hard at times. There are always cycles where everything is done and timed perfectly and nothing comes of it, or at least that has been my experiences and from what I have seen on this board. I have also seen some way out cycles where people called out because of horrible months of stress and sex way before O and they have ended in BFP. It's just one of those things where you can do the right things and then hope that all went together. How old are you? I know I'm 24 and I looked up the average time it takes a healthy couple to conceive and I think it was 7-8 months? I thought it would happen for us straight away too, especially with all the accidental pregnancies and "one hit wonders" you hear about. You never seem to hear about the people who took a while in everyday life. It sucks that so much of what needs to happen for things to work for a cycle goes on inside of our bodies and is out of our control. I too came off the pill and it took a little while for my body to readjust to making all the hormones itself again. The doctor said to me that it's fine to start out straight away and that the pill is out of your cycle pretty quickly but the body can take some time to play catchup, especially if you haven't been off it all that long. I had about 3 or 4 months of wacky O dates and luteal phases before things mostly levelled out. Try not to lose hope, this cycle wasn't it but you will get your turn soon . If it makes you feel better you could always get checked out at the doctor but sometimes these things just take time and no matter how much we want it, our turn won't come until it is meant to. Good luck with your TTC journey and I hope your turn is right around the corner!