View Single Post
May 5th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchywannabe View Post
Yeah, they installed an anchor for a top tether (for FF seats) not to use with the UAS (latch). If your seatbelt is switchable (makes the ratcheting noise while retracting) you shouldn't need the locking clip. It could just be more difficult to get it tighter bassed on the style of seat. I wouldn't however argue with a 'like a rock' install using the locking clip if that's what it takes for you to get the job done.

When it is time to turn her FF, you would use the anchor on the floor for the top tether, and if it was installed by the manufacturer of your vehicle than it would be considered fine that it's off center. Do not attach more than one tether to this anchor.
Yes my seat belt is the switchable kind. It tipped sideways at an extreme angle pulled as tight as it would get, before I tried the locking clip instead. Using the locking clip instead of the seat belt's built in lock was what it took to get that super snug fit and next to no tilt. I assume I can't use the seat belt's built in lock and the locking clip simultaneously, but that's ok. I found something that works for us. Having to move the car seat into another car for a day would be a real nightmare though lol.

The anchor was installed by a Ford dealer if that's what you mean.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

Last edited by SkyBaby; May 5th, 2013 at 07:21 PM.