View Single Post
May 6th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I was back at the OB today. Seriously I go to the OB just as much as when I was pregnant, it's crazy!

Basically I'm still not getting a regular period. I went in, in March when I was 10 weeks post partum, not BF-ing, and not getting a period. My OB put me on progesterone and after 10 days I got my period. If I have a 28 day period, I should have gotten it May 1st and no AF. I actually tested on May 4th, the day I found out I was pregnant with Vivi, I was freaking out thinking how ironic it would be if I were, but I wasn't. So, I went in today.

The OB did an internal exam, everything seemed to be ok. I'm still having pain in my hips and around my incision, which he thinks is muscle related. I keep forgetting that it is major surgery and can take a while to heal. He didn't seem to think it was anything serious, obviously we don't know if I am cycling, but we decided that I would wait another two weeks and if I still don't have it, start the progesterone again to force a period.

I'm still sort of freaking out though because my brain of course jumps ahead to what if I'm not ovulating and what if I never do again and this is my only pregnancy and what if I can never have another baby and on and on and on. I just want to get back on track and it makes me nervous that we really don't know what's up. I'm hoping maybe it's thyroid related and getting that fixed will help, but he didn't seem to think that was it either. blah

Update*****

She has arrived! Week and a half late and tell take cramps today (they are a doozy) but Aunt Flo has definitely arrived. I will be enjoying some sweets and sweatpants today lol.

I think I need to remember for the next few months my period might not be a perfect 28 days. I need to give it more of a 4-6 week window before I call the OB or get worried that something is wrong. Feeling very relieved right now!

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!

Last edited by MammaWannaBe; May 8th, 2013 at 07:03 AM.