View Single Post
May 7th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Veteran
You have a choice. It is your body. He doesn't have the right to say the baby lives or dies, YOU DO. You have your own place. If he can't respect what you want to do with the baby then he doesn't deserve to be a part of your life. You CAN do this on your own, I promise. There is tons of help out there for single moms, yes it is difficult, but the Govt does help those that are in dire need of it. I used the KY version of these programs when I had my DD. I was in a very abusive relationship with her dad(and didn't realize it until after I left!) and I had put on my big girl panties and take things into my own hands.

Go to this link and see if you qualify for WIC, get on it if you do. It will help you with nutritious foods during pregnany and formula if you choose to use that after delivery
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program - Minnesota Dept. of Health

Food Stamps. No one is above this, if you don't have food you don't have a healthy baby. If you do not have a job or you have a low income job you WILL qualify.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Food Assistance Programs

Health Insurance- Go here and research and set up an appointment to get insurance during and after your pregnancy
03.20.05 Pregnant Women

Also, please look into a counselor in your area. They can and will help you with this situation, and they will be able to get more in depth information about your relationship and help you to discover ways to work things out either alone or together.
How do I get mental health services in Minnestoa?

This is a site specifically for Single Mother support in Minnesota.
http://dcreators.com/assistance-for-...-in-minnesota/

*DISCLAIMER* This post is in no way supposed to be negative, please do not take it that way. This is strictly an opinion with supporting facts. Please take the knowledge disclosed in this reply and use it as you please. Please dismiss this post if it does not pertain to you.

Thank you to Peimum for my AMAZING siggy!

Last edited by mommy-of-one; May 7th, 2013 at 07:39 AM. Reason: spelling and new link