View Single Post
May 7th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Veteran
First of all, the overweight comment was definitely crossing the line! I think I would have really struggled to not reach out and knock them upside the head. As far as the other comments go, I find them very annoying as well. I learned after my first pregnancy that when people don't really know what to say, they comment on your size or babies size. Most of the time they don't have a clue. I would run into someone and they would tell me how big I was and I look like I am ready to pop, and 1 hour later someone else would tell me that I was really small considering how far along I am. At first the comments worried me and I was thinking "am I gaining too much?" or "Is something wrong with the baby?" but in the end everything was fine. People even made comments about how tiny my son was, and asked if he came early. He was 8lb 5 oz and definitely not small, so just goes to show that most people making comments really have no freaking clue. As long as your doctor says things are good, that's all that matters even though the comments are frustrating.