View Single Post
May 7th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I kind of had to be induced. My water broke at 41 weeks (your water can break without being in labor when you go overdue...basically the amniotic sac and placenta degrade more and more with each day past your due date.) Anyway I was put on pitocin and it resulted in a 24 long labor. Pushing only lasted fifteen minutes. I had no pain meds as I refused any so what resulted was my body stalledfor awhile with no progression. They briefly allowed me off the pitocin to take a shower for about a half hour and it helped immensely and labor picked back up when on it. Does pitocin suck....you betcha. Can it be done with no pain meds....completely. The contractions did hurt but what did me in the most was it was back spasms....is back labor. Now I have a very bad back...my back was broken in two different places and I pinched and severed a bunch of nerves and muscles in my back...they never healed properly as I went 4 months before going in to a Dr. So basically the back labor aggravated my old injuries and doubled it. I am told pitocin contractions hurt more. I am hoping to avoid pitocin this time to find out. But all in all and Induction isn't entirely evil...tougher maybe. But do-able.