View Single Post
May 7th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerinSun View Post
Oh my goodness, I certainly couldn't do it! LOL When my labor stalled during the second induction (2cm) I was so exhausted and in pain. I wanted to keep going "natural" but the doctor (one I liked and trusted) sat on my bed, held my hand, and said "I think you need rest. You would be surprised by what rest can do" I got the epidural, fell asleep, and I woke up to 6cms But then my epidural needle fell out and I endured 2 hours of no pain relief and I was a puddle on the floor, lol.

If I go naturally with this one I don't expect that I'll make it without pain relief. When I do decide that i need it I will ask for a low dose to keep the amount of medication in me to a minimum. If I have to have another induction I will most likely get a full epidural when they switch from pre-induction drugs to full blown induction drugs. I am not a superwoman when it comes to pain, lol.
Well to me an epi is out of the question for a few reasons....one because of my previous back injury and I have a slow clotting time. Also I have an allergy to codeine which means any form of pain killer made from the poppy....which is most of them makes me sick. Not that I like pain but I'm very stubborn and I wanted a natural childbirth and by that point that was really the only thing left in my control at that point. And I wasn't gonna give in and ask for pain relief as I wanted one thing of my birth plan to happen.
For me it really was all mind over matter.