View Single Post
May 8th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Julie
Please try not to let other's feelings affect you, it's not worth it! I had the same pressure when I was carrying my daughter. Her father was so upset she was a girl! I just got so angry, I would not allow myself to be brought down, and I told him that. Then when we found out this one was a boy a few people were disappointed but I realized they were more disappointed than me, and they would just have to get over it. Now my daughter is spoiled rotten by her father, so he definitely got over it. You just kinda have to laugh it off and refuse to let them get to you. I have a friend who has three girls. She then got pregnant with twins. They ended up to be twin girls! So now she has 5 GIRLS! I know she had family and friends who were always saying Ohh, well, at least they are healthy" like it was the end of the world or something, so rude. But she is such a sweetheart and you could never tell that it might have annoyed her. It's mind over matter-think to yourself "it's too bad so and so is disappointed it's another boy, I'm glad I am happy about it, and that's all that matters". Good luck, I know it's easier said than done, but you will be a happy mama no matter what