View Single Post
May 8th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofelise View Post
It is SO common for doctors to think babies are "too big." DO NOT let yourself stress about this! There just isn't any way to know what your body is capable of beforehand and predicting size really is just a guess. I'm glad your doctor is "willing" to let you try, but I also hope that more than that, you feel supported and that you trust your body to do what it was made to do. The fact that he's already engaged in your pelvis is definitely a good sign. You can do it!
I agree!! Do some research and really make an informed decision. At this point, u/s weight guesses can be off as much as a pound. Just know that most women's pelvis are made to handle a vaginal delivery unless there are extenuating circumstances like gestational diabetes or pelvic deformities. Even with large babies, there are positions that will help your hips open up more (on your hands and knees is an example). Lying flat on your back will close up your pelvis and work against you. Most importantly, make a decision that you are comfortable with, not one that you feel pressured into