View Single Post
May 8th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kat is right on the whole C-section vs induction. Induction is loads safer for mom and baby. Induction is basically your given a medicine or your water is broke for you. A c section is major surgery. My aunt has been a labor and delivery nurse for almost 30 years and has been scrubbed in on countless c sections. And I had a cousin who was considering a c section instead of induction and my aunt flat out told her that she's seen babies accidentally get cut by the scalpel. There is a high risk of moms hemmoraging or going into shock on the table. As its a major surgery. I tell you this not to scare you however.....an induction is a lot safer for you and baby than a c section and anyone who says otherwise is also not being honest or a medical professional.
There's a good reason why I flat out told my OB she will never take me in for a c section without my aunt being scrubbed in...cause she would threaten those docs within an inch of their lives if they let anything happen to me or lil man and if I went into shock and my heart stopped...well she would be the last to stop CPR.