View Single Post
May 8th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Lucy has been very interested in us eating for about a month now. Last week, we gave her some mashed up avocado but she wasn't quite sure what to do with it, so we'll probably try again in a few weeks. My older daughter was never much of a fan of puree's, so with her I followed the "food before one is just for fun" motto. My pedi used that motto when explaining that we could start her, or we could hold off a bit. He explained that all her essential nutrition was coming from breastmilk or formula. I never felt like the puree's filled her up bc she are so little- and they probably didnt provide much nutrients either since it was such a little amount that she'd eat. So it was just kinda for fun for the both if us, to introduce her to different tastes and textures. I'm taking a similar approach with Lucy. If she likes the puree's, great. If not, no sweat.

I know there is all sorts if conflicting info out there. I kinda used what my Dr reccomended as a loose guideline, and followed what I felt best based of my babies cues.