View Single Post
May 9th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Veteran
I am in almost the exact same position as you so I know EXACTLY how you feel! I have a 3 year old son and DH really only wants 2 kids, although I see myself having 3. Since he seems to have his mind made up, I convinced myself that I had to have a little girl since this would be my only shot. We found out yesterday it is another boy. Although I did feel an initial wave of disappointment, I am super excited to be having a healthy baby boy. My disappointment is over the fact that I might not ever have a little girl, not the fact that this particular baby is a boy. I am so glad my son will have a little brother and now that we know he is a boy I couldn't see it happening any other way. We did receive comments from family, but it did not bother me as much as I thought. I think the best thing to do is make it clear to the family that you are happy either way beforehand. That way if it does turn out to be a boy, they know that you are happy and will hopefully be happy along with you. Yesterday when we told family a few people said "Aw I was hoping it would be a girl", or "You were wanting a little girl, are you bummed?". Although comments like this are annoying, I found that they really didn't bother me as much as I thought. Me and my DH are happy with the outcome and I am just focusing on moving forwards. I know the family will catch up with us eventually and be happy about another boy as well.