View Single Post
May 9th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Hey ladies.. so I'm in quite the predicament and don't know what to do.

My bf of 5 years and I have a 6 month old child. I am originally from Hawaii and all my friends/family are back home. Recently I was offered a job in Hawaii and I don't know if I should take it. Everyone tells me I am dumb for turning it down... I need help!

The job is good, especially for Hawaii. I would be making 10K less a year, but would not have to pay rent. Just daycare and my student loan. Here I make good money but majority of it goes to the cost of living (rent, utilities, daycare, etc). I am the primary breadwinner, so I pay for the practically everything. I love my job here, but there isn't much room for growth. In Hawaii, there is.

My relationship with my bf is rough right now. Originally, we planned on moving to Hawaii (I would move first and he would follow later)... then the fighting began. We were just about to break up when I received the job offer. And he received a job offer at the same time, to start in a couple of months. Although we were about to break up, we decided to give it one last shot... and if another fight happens, we call it quits.

Here I have no family support, no friends.... Hawaii I would have the help. My head says take the job, but my heart isn't ready to let go of him..

Now I am completely unsure what to do... start a new life in Hawaii with my son (with my son's dad visiting every 2-3 months) or give our relationship another shot, losing that good job offer??