View Single Post
May 10th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My older two are 22 months apart and I LOVE that. They are best friends and play together all.day.long. It was hard for a little while but honestly now it's like having two kids the same age so it's very easy. They enjoy the same sorts of things, they watch the same shows, play the same games, go to bed at the same time, etc. And having them be able to entertain each other has saved me soooo many times.

We homeschool so I wouldn't get a break anyway, even if they were older. Our lives are a little wild and chaotic at times, but it's the best kind of chaos. Lincoln doesn't have his own quiet room where I put him for naps; he is just with us all 24/7 and he has to learn to blend in and be part of the group. I think that's good for him though.

I am desperately wanting to adopt, and I KNOW it's crazy, but I really would love to adopt 2 siblings who are about 2 and 3 years old. I feel like those ages would fit in so well with our family and really round out the age gaps. So I am obviously a fan of having children closer together in age.