View Single Post
May 10th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Expecting #1
So I have been a wreck all morning... this morning Ember's school was hosting a mother's day tea from 9-1030. I very much wanted to go and planned on it, but on Wednesday I got assigned a case that is going to trial in a week, so I have to be at the office to get things in order.

After I got to work, I just kept thinking about how much I wanted to be there and how Ember might be the only other baby without a mommy or grandmother there. It has made me so sad just thinking about it. I was able to pick up all the mother's day gifts they made, I got a necklace with Ember's fingerprint on it, a picture frame with an adorable picture of Ember all dressed up and a vase with Ember's picture on it. I have the picture up in my office and just looking at Ember makes me cry now. I just want to go hold her and kiss her.

DH keeps telling me that a lot of other moms work and there would be a lot of other babies without moms there, but still I just feel horrible. Not only is it my first mother's day, I had to chose work over an event with my daughter. I guess this is just another one of those horrible feelings I will have because I work.