View Single Post
May 10th, 2013, 10:33 AM
One happy mama
There is no standard for SIP. Manufacturers can say they tested their seats and have the highest SIP, but they could throw a car seat against a wall and call it "tested". Since there are no federal standards for SIP, we can only assume that all seats have equal SIP.

Why not use the Symphony RFing until you have the angle adjuster? I am 95% certain the Radian will work with the angle adjuster in your vehicles. When you install it, push the front seat all the way up, and have two people available. One should be behind the car seat (between the car seat and the front seat you moved up), and the other should be tightening the belt/LATCH. The person in the back should be pushing the car seat towards the back of the vehicle, and the person at the belt should be putting weight on the car seat where the child's feet go. The Radian can go as upright as a child can handle. Some manufacturers put an upper limit of 30-35 degrees, but Diono does not have a restriction. It just has to be less than 45 degrees.

Have you also considered other seats besides the Radian? The Graco MySize/Size 4 Me/Headwise (same seat with different names at different retailers) is actually 4 inches taller than the Radian and sometimes fits better in tighter spaces. The Chicco Nextfit is 2 inches taller than the Radian and can fit better too. Both of them are available at Babies R Us and Target.

(I stalked your posts to find your vehicles: 2004 Jeep Liberty and a 2005 Toyota Corolla).

Last edited by amylynne01; May 10th, 2013 at 10:37 AM.