View Single Post
May 10th, 2013, 02:57 PM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
I feel this! My husband and I are active duty military, so we miss a lot of stuff. He'll be gone for EIGHT MONTHS this year. Just gone, in another country. I don't deploy, so that is a blessing. My boss is VERY Flexible and I can usually get out of work for an hour or two if I need to be there for something. But, it is stil horrible. I get home later than my husband, so he gets the good mood, and I get just about an hour before she goes to bed. And that the hour I need to cook dinner, get out of uniform, transfer all my pumped milk from my work storage containers, clean my pumping parts, etc. I'm always multitasking and never focused on her. I get up about 3 hours before I have to be at work so I can nurse her, hang out with her, get ready for work, and nurse her one more time, but I'm still multitasking... trying to shower, get ready for the day, etc.

Then, on the weekends, it's groceries, laundry, homework (Working on my Master's Degree), and any social events so that I can still keep a few adult friends.

Add to that the fact that being military means we live in a city with ZERO family nearby...

I feel guilty ALL the time!