View Single Post
May 10th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lots of whining happening over here. I have to calm him down pretty often and ask him to use his "big boy voice". My child is just as stubborn and independent as I am which is where almost all of his tantrums stem from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumii View Post
I find giving him 2 choices to everything work better then just telling him what to do. Like - wanna go to bed with mom or day, pee-pee on a big potty or small, red or blue underwear. Or tell him, take this toy to the car if you get dressed. We throws a tantrum over the simplest things, mostly when he looses control.
I have found giving two choices is the best way to avoid tantrums for Gabriel as well. However, both choices give me the end result that I'm looking for from him. For example if he's pitching a fit about not wanting to potty when I know he needs to I tell him "You have 2 choices: would you like to go potty alone or would you like for Mommy to help you?" and then he'll usually choose to do it alone. It's as if when he feels he's choosing to do something rather than being told to do it he's okay with it. Whatever works!

Last edited by Memi; May 10th, 2013 at 06:59 PM.