View Single Post
May 11th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Here's my two-cents... take it or leave it.

Basal Thermometer -- can be bought pretty much anywhere and it'll say on the packaging "basal thermometer." Some people DO use regular thermometers. The only difference is that a basal thermometer reads temps to the nearest 1/100 of a degree. Standard thermometers read to the nearest 1/10. Some will say the accuracy of the basal is necessary to get a good reading, others say you'll get a good enough idea of your pattern by just seeing the reading of a standard thermometer. So really... it's up to you and what you want to do.

I've been charting (temp, CM, & OPK's) for two cycles -- on my third right now. So in the whole scheme of things, I'm pretty inexperienced. But my first cycle, I had a pretty near perfect O -- temp increase 3 days after, positive OPK a day before, very fertile CM. I thought I had it MADE. Last cycle, though... my O was anything but normal... shoot, I'm still not even sure I DID O. What I'm trying to get at is that it's HARD at first, and it obviously takes time and lots of charting to see a clear pattern and get accustomed to listening to your body and it's signals. So try not to get too frustrated if you still don't get clear answers... and PM me anytime because I was so stressed about it that I'm pretty sure it's what caused me to be 5 days late!!!

Now, as far as what to put more weight on: +OPK or EWCM... I don't get a lot of EWCM, so I put more weight on +OPK's. I think you kind of have to look at everything as a full picture... if things don't match up, I'd look at CM since it's coming from YOU... there's no chance of false positives, faulty batches, ya know??

Anyway... just my thoughts. I'm sure other lovely ladies will give their input and maybe be more helpful!