View Single Post
May 11th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you're going through this emotional turmoil! It's always an emotional time when you first find out you're pregnant, and the stress you're going through I'm sure doesn't make it easy. Hugs!!

I agree with MerinSun, if you feel conflicted, you should not be ending your pregnancy. I know it seems overwhelming right now, but I challenge you to look at the big picture -- you have a daughter you love dearly that came from an unplanned pregnancy. You will not love this small baby any less or regret this new son or daughter any more than the daughter you already have. You're 37, and many women at that age struggle unsuccessfully for years to conceive -- this is your lucky baby!

I know you feel like you have no support, but here are a few things to think about. First of all, your older daughter will be able to be a wonderful help to you when the baby is born. Second, you may find that you will discover a ne group of friends with young babies that you had little in common with before. Your family also may react very differently than they did when you were pregnant with your daughter, especially since the see that you did just fine. Give them a chance to be supportive -- you might be surprised! Also, I encourage you to join a due date club here on just mommies -- the ladies here are encouraging, supportive, and just plain fun. It's a great resource.

Anyway, as you said pregnancy should be a happy time. Try to let go of your worry and fear about all the reactions of the people you know. Take some time to let it sink in and enjoy your secret. I have a feeling this little surprise son or daughter is going to be an enormous source of joy to you!

Best wishes and keep us posted!