View Single Post
May 12th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Some people are jerks when it comes to pregnancies. They seem to lose the filter between their brain and mouth, they get in your personal space and touch you without any permission, and they act as if the pregnancy is something that affects them more than you. This is a serious pet peeve of mine, as I'm sure you can tell.

I don't think your in-laws would appreciate my humor at all, because I'm one of those snarky people who would do things just to annoy them. I'd refer to the baby as "she" all the time. I'd tell them all that my intuition tells me that it's another girl. I'd relay all the ways that this pregnancy is just like the last one, which indicates it's a girl. I'd even share all of the girl names I was thinking of. That might make me a jerk, but I'm super sensitive to other people's rude comments and if I need to amuse myself to keep from crying in front of them, I'll do it.

I'm sorry they're being so obnoxious about the boy thing. I know there are some cultures who still view family names as a big deal, but it's not like it was a hundred years ago when only a male could inherit the family fortune. I hope you can spend as little time with them as possible and when you have to be around them, I hope you find a way to deal with it so they don't ruin this joyous time.