View Single Post
May 14th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Administrator
When I started strength training I felt the exact same way. I had no idea what to do. My sister told me about Body for Life and I used their program for 12 weeks. I think it is a great program for beginners. Body-for-LIFE Weight Training

Now I do something a little different, but similar.
I do 2 exercises per muscle group
Chest, Back, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps, Quads, Hamstrings, Calves, & Abs

I do 3 sets of reps for each exercise. I start with a lighter weight that I can do a set of 12 of. The next set I add weight to (usually 5 lbs) and try to do another set of 12. Then I do a third set (add another 5 lbs) and just do as many as I can. Once I can do 12 reps on the third set I bump everything up so if I was doing 10 lbs, 15 lbs, and 20 lbs, the next time I work out I would do 15, 20, and 25.

I made myself workout logs that lists all the exercises. I have two workout logs because I rotate some of the exercises for example, on Monday I do bench presses, on Wednesday I do incline bench presses. This way I can get a bigger a variety of exercises.

I found a great site that lists all kinds of bowflex exercises.
Bowflex Exercises | Your Guide to Bowflex Exercises

I would pick two exercises per muscle group to do for your workouts. And personally I like splitting it up between upper body and lower body, otherwise your workouts can get really long. I used to do a full body workout three times a week but it took forever.

I would definitely keep a log. This way you can track your progress and know when to increase the amount you are lifting.

I am not the weight training expert but if you have any questions or need help I'll do my best to help you. I would love to see more girls doing strength training over here.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!