View Single Post
May 15th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was lucky enough to have some friends and a SIL who cloth diaper, so I was able to at least see some different brands. I am DEFINITELY a hybrid kinda girl, even though I never use the disposable inserts (since my girlie doesn't get rashes, I use regular disposables for babysitters/travel... they are cheaper!). I love that I can re-use covers and just change the inserts.

I did buy some pockets for overnight, though, and they work great! I hate stuffing them, because the microfiber feels icky to me, but I just wear gloves and it's not a big deal. The nice thing about the more expensive diapers is that they have good resale value, so if you don't like your BumGenius, you can probably sell them for close to what you paid.

If/When I have another kiddo, I'm going to do prefolds + covers for the newborn stage (I started DD2 at 7 months in cloth). I saw a package in an earlier post that I am totally planning to get: OsoCozy Diapers & Thirsties Prefold Packages. The reviews on the Thirsties Duo Wraps are great .