View Single Post
May 15th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
On my diet I aim to be in a thing called ketosis which is where basically your body is burning fat instead of sugar. To do that I have to eat 20-30g of net carbs a day (some people can eat nearly 100g and stay in but I'm insulin resistant so I cant because I'm more sensitive to sugars.) If I get kicked out of ketosis by eating too many carbs, which I'm pretty sure is going to happen with how much sugar and starch I just ate, it takes my body a little while to burn that extra glucose off and for my body to start using fat instead and in the mean time I'm gonna gain some water weight. It'll come back off but it just takes a little bit and in the mean time my diet's not really working to help me lose weight the way it's supposed to.
On a regular diet, like if you're just counting calories you're just not eating as much of a deficit as normal. Like if you aim for 1500 calories a day, eat 2000 and you burn on average 2500 a day, you just aren't going to lose that fraction of a lb that day but you can also make that calorie deficit back up by doing something to burn that extra you ate.

Hopefully that made sense lol. I'm having a hard time thinking of a good way to explain it.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.