View Single Post
May 16th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to share this b/c I know that a lot of us have had Rebecca and Jocelyn on our hearts. These updates are so uplifting and it is so great that they are doing so much better than expected. I guess it goes to show, doctors don't always know as much as they think they do. But anyway, here it is:

Today we got even more good news. Neuro surgery finally met with us and told us everything that they saw on the mri. After being told that our daughter has spina bifida and that they thought it was high up in the lumbar section, we learned that it's actually really low in the sacral area and we will just need to worry about the cord tethering because of fat deposits. No surgeries on her spine unless she begins showing signs of the tethering. She'll be followed closely by the neuro surgeons.
We also found out that her collapsed lung is getting better and blood gasses look better.
They also started feeding her 5ml colostrum by ng tube and last update I heard, she was doing well with it. They are also only giving her painbmeds as needed. Overall a very good day.