View Single Post
May 16th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is my first baby, and so I'm having a hard time battling that "new mom" mentality where I want everything brand spankin' new for my kid. My sister-in-law has four girls, her youngest are 8 month old twins. So she has quite a few baby items that she was willing to part with. I have taken a TON of bottles from her that I just need to get new nipples for, and also a couple Halo Sleep Sacks. A lot of the stuff is pink, so if we have a boy, obviously I won't be able to use it. The rest of the stuff is either white or yellow, so I am going to keep those items if we have a boy.

At the very least, she gave me a nice variety of bottles so I can see what works for us before I splurge on a ton of new bottles.

As far as the big stuff, she had gotten rid of a lot of her stuff, and what she still has she is still using for her twins. So I haven't really had the opportunity to get any used bigger items. However, I am really looking forward to getting new things. I'm sure my attitude will change come our second or third child, but for our first, I am enjoying the newness of EVERYTHING, and that includes the baby gear!