View Single Post
May 16th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I don't do used car seats, play pens or high chairs. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE hand me down clothes. See I am a HUGE goodwill shopper for my own clothes and I am just passing that down to my kids, lol. I have the money for new things, but in my head it just seems like a waste when I can spend that money on something fun for the family and buy good quality used clothes.
With my first baby we were just starting out and we didn't have much money. We visited yard sales every weekend and we had so much fun doing it. I had 2 whole dressers of clothes for him when he was born. I just took everything home and ran it through 2 wash cycles with baby detergent, which I would have done with new clothes too since who knows what chemicals they have been exposed to while being manufactured and getting to the stores.
As soon as I find out the gender of this baby I will be doing the same thing again. Just probably not as many clothes, lol. I went a little overboard with my first. He REALLY didn't need 2 whole dressers full of outfits, lol.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103