View Single Post
May 16th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I thought I was going to have a 3D ultrasound at the perinatologist's office today, but it was just a regular one. That's fine because they couldn't see her face because she's really low now. Fluid looks good at 13, and she's measuring at 39 weeks so almost 2 weeks ahead again. Her femurs are measuring 40 weeks!! The tech asked me if I had heartburn a lot and then showed me how much hair she has. It's crazy The tech just kept saying "My gosh, I can't believe that hair!" The perinatologist came in to speak with me because of my blood pressures and wasn't pleased that my labetalol hasn't seemed to kick in yet, so he wanted a 24 hour urine. I went to my regular OB afterwards and she checked me. I'm a good 1cm dilated and about 70% thinned out! I feel accomplished! Haha. I know it's not much, but it's something. They said because my blood pressure doesn't seem to be improving much, and because she's measuring about 2 weeks ahead, she doesn't feel very comfortable letting me go much past 39 weeks. She said we'll talk about induction if I don't progress between now and my appointment next friday. While I'm sad that it looks like I might have to be induced, I'm okay with it considering it may be the best for me and baby since I have a family history of pre-e and here at the end it can happen very quickly. I'm going to try to get SO involved in helping to bring on labor and the OB said short walks on a flat surface are fine. We'll see if it does anything. I still haven't had any change in discharge or any mucous plug at all, though. Oh well. Whatever happens, I'll be happy as long as she's happy and healthy.