View Single Post
May 17th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
I like the idea of tacos at your baby shower but the party seems huge! I hope you have help planning..

I do not like attending baby showers, and hate sitting in a circle watching moms open baby presents off their registry. The last one I went to was at night so I thought YAY a real party! But then it was a baby shower and the men had to guess what kind of poop looking candy was smeared in diapers and then they had a gender reveal mardi gras beads game and then they didn't reveal the gender. It has poisoned me on baby showers. I probably won't have one but if my friends do what they suggested (something small, brunch-y and not fussy) I will not protest - I think they want to have something for the baby but hate baby showers too. We are a bunch of haters, hahaha. Whatever it is, I hope it's small and there are no men and there is bacon. Or tacos. Or desserts. Basically I would like to have food and good company and have people send good vibes to the little baby.
LoL.... Yeah, I'm mexican and filipino and DH is Mexican and Italian...so I can't do small... That's basically just family and a few friends. Believe it or not there are a number of people/family I couldn't include because I have to cut it somewhere. Could have split it and done two but to me, we are one family made up of two so it should be together. I totally have help... "My planning committee" as I call them are awesome and crafty too... I basically am telling them what I want so they can make it happen. LoL...

You brought up a good point about the gifts... I don't care for opening them in front of everyone either (or making people sit through that) but then there are people that want to see you open their gifts... self satisfying I guess... so everyone else can see what they bought you. So IDK, I'm thinking that by the time it's gift opening I will only open those for people that are still there.