View Single Post
May 18th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think you are doing anything wrong. It sounds like normal 2 year old behavior to me! And sorry to tell you this but in my experience 3 is much worse of an age. My son is 3 and he is tough. Because he understands more now and tries to reason with me. lol. They are becoming more independent and trying to figure out the world around them and thats ok! That is what they are supposed to do! I am probably not the best person to answer your question because we don't really have rules. (besides no hurting anybody) But other than that I let my kids explore and learn. They don't have boundaries or rooms that they can't go in or anything. They are pretty free to do whatever they want as long as they aren't hurting themselves or each other. Do they do things that annoy me? of course but do I tell them to stop? No because they are exploring and learning. And honestly it works out pretty well.

Don't be afraid to enroll her in some classes if you want. It will probably help her. She will see what the other kids are doing and want to do what they are doing. It will be good for her!

My kids are always way better behaved for other people than me. Bedtime is an hour long fight here most nights. We went out to dinner for our anniversary the other night and hired a babysitter. This was the 3rd time they had met her and she said they went to sleep without a word for her! I couldn't believe it. So don't worry about that it is a normal kids behavior.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!