View Single Post
May 18th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Every breath is a gift.
They live 2 streets over. It's about a 5-10 minute walk, wonderful I know
My MIL also had many MANY plans for our first baby. She planned on being in the delivery room also even after DH and I told her several times that wasn't going to happen. I'm sure she would have thrown a huge drama queen fit if circumstances had been different when my son was born. She bought a car seat for her car, crib, this whole matching themed crib sheet set, changing table, high chair, clothes, bottles (even though she knew I planned to EBF), she even bought a "home from the hospital outfit" after I had shown her the one DH and I picked out... you name it she bought it so she could "have it in case we left the baby over for the night." I even told her to please stop buying all this unnecessary stuff because *if* we left Clyde with her for the night we would already have everything she would need, but of course she threw a fit saying these were all essential in her baby sitting needs.

Thank you Doremi, I appreciate you opinion. I know waiting to tell them is what's best for 'us' but I don't know when or how to tell her. I'm sure I will figure it out but I'm still open for ideas, haha