View Single Post
May 18th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you like the new office! Perfect! And that's a great price on the circumcision. Yes, it's hard to get it done, but if it's something you want to do, I (obviously) understand.

The religious exemption is pretty easy to get because the bible actually has TONS of scripture against vaccination. IF you have to go that route, I can dig up the scriptures for you. You can highlight those passages (and use those highlighter tabs) so you can find them quickly when go in and tell them those things. I thought I would have to "prove" it though and I was all prepared and I got there and really, it was just paperwork. They didn't grill me or question me about my beliefs like I thought they would.

They won't get held back if you have a doctors note. The problem is people keep their kids out of school and don't call or get doctors notes. Excused absences are different from unexcused absences. One time my son was going to be out a long time for a mental health hospital stay and he missed 2 weeks. I called the school to let them know. Anyway, later on we get this note from the superintendent saying they were bringing us up for charges on truancy! Anyway, all it took was a phone call and a doctors note to turn those unexcused absences to excused absences. I swear he must had missed 3 months of school (combined, not all at once) that year but they were still going to move him forward (even when really they shouldn't have based on grades that had nothing to with absences) anyway, my point is, don't stress out, because as you face these things you will start realizing that things don't work the way we think they do.

Yes, I got the dryer done! and it's really truly fixed (or so it seemed before I turned it on...we'll know for sure soon!). I can't believe it. AND I cleaned my whole house. Just has to scrub the bathroom and my husband has to finish the dishes, but we organized every cabinet and shelf and drawer and basket, too! Man, I'm nesting big time. If only I could get him to paint... and I need to finish the wall decal.

Oh, we also got a new bed/mattress today and set up the front room like a bedroom for me and my husband! AND last night we ordered the kids new clothes! Now if I could just win the lottery and have the money I need to buy these last few things I need for baby, the kids, and the house...

I can't wait to see the room you set up!! I hear you on feeling sore, though. My back and feet are KILLING me! I waddle like a duck myself as it is. It's hard to get around, partly due to size but mostly due to pain. but that's also why I wanted to get a lot done now...because a month or two from now I am not sure I'll be able to do anything.

Anyway, I won't be writing tonight. It's already 1am and we have to get up at 7am for our big day, so it's time for me to hit the sack. Tomorrow and monday I'll get nothing done, but tuesday should be another productive day I hope (in the world of writing and preparing for baby).

Did I mention we've been walking 2 miles every day? Well, not today cuz we had to clean and not tomorrow because tomorrow is crazy busy and probably not monday either, but then we'll get back to it

Last edited by alittlelost; May 18th, 2013 at 11:18 PM.