View Single Post
May 19th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
After weeks of half-hearted contractions, and then lots of bloody show with no labour, I decided to take a little castor oil on Friday night. It was probably less than a tbsp. It produced some good Cx at about midnight that were 2 min apart but they didn't seem to be changing and I was tired so I just went to bed.

Got up at 5 and timed them again. Now they were definitely progressing. I woke up DH at 5:30 and we went straight to the hospital, arriving at about 5:40. By the time the put us in a room, I was in transition. By the time they got around to checking me, I was 10 cm. Within another 2 Cx I was pushing. She was born at 6:06 a.m.

It was so fast and crazy! I got through by power walking, breathing, sheer determination but probably most important, being left alone to do what I liked and not required to be in the bed or on monitors and whatnot.

It was the best and quickest of my births.

As a side note, I did not get the shot of oxytocin after birth and it has made a WORLD of difference in the amount of afterpains I've had. They've been like bad period cramps and not like the labor-all-over-again I had with my last two kids.