View Single Post
May 21st, 2013, 09:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss. I would definitely find a new doctor, one that sympathizes, because that makes all of the difference! My doctor was great when I had my losses and I swear if I had had a terrible doctor, I would have been completely off my rocker! I had a D&E, my choice, because I just wanted it to be over with, with both of my losses, my body never got the hint that the baby had passed and it was a couple of weeks before we even knew that something was wrong. My AFs were sort of irregular, meaning one month it would be 28 days, 30 the next, sometimes 32 days, but after my D&E, I was 28 days to the T, which was weird for me. It can take a long time to bounce back from a loss, not just a D&C/D&E.

First, you probably weren't getting positive OPKs because those are actually better with later in the day urine. Many women will take them twice daily, because your surge could be in the afternoon and only last 12 hours and then dip again, so you would never get a positive taking it in the morning.

As for the negative HPT, what brand are you using? Is it a blue dye test? Make sure to use the pink dye tests, they are much more accurate. You very well could have ovulated later, thus your HCG is not high enough to detect on a test. Or you could be someone who won't get a positive until much later.

I would call your doc, explain that you are 2 months "late" and you are not getting positives on your HPTs, they will likely have you come in and do a pregnancy test in their office or send you for bloodwork or both.

Good luck and I hope you get your BFP soon!!