View Single Post
May 22nd, 2013, 03:18 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
Don't feel guilty! This is all natural. I wanted to flip out on a coworker who told me I looked tired last week. Every pregnancy is different. This is my first and I was expecting to have a breezy, wonderful pregnancy - not so much. I'm nauseous more often than not and I'm exhausted. I'm only working 25 hours right now, but some days I wish I weren't working at all. Extra hours became available at my work, which never happens, and I felt so guilty that I didn't take them - but we all have to do what is right for us. Have you thought about seeing a therapist? I see one every other week and it has been so helpful. She has helped me put myself and my needs first, which is what you need to do when you're pregnant. If you can afford to work less hours and you'll be happier, more power to you. I still maintain there should be a maternity leave for the first trimester. Take care of you and your baby, and everything will work out. I hope your family becomes more supportive as time goes on, but you always have us! Good luck to you!