Topic: Breastfeeding
View Single Post
May 23rd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Awesomesauce
I do want to. My potential, looming obstacle will be depression. We'll just have to take it one day at a time. I'll try to stay off my soap box, but I feel like society projects an image of breastfeeding as being "easy" for everyone. Not only is that not realistic (nothing is the same for everyone), it isn't fair. I think it sets up the moms who can't/don't want to to feel like failures, when in truth it isn't always the right thing for every child and mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_2_Callen View Post
Honestly I hated it. It was constant and it hurt and I just felt like I didn't have any space. I know that's not really ap but I became a much better mom after my dd weaned. I didn't make much milk and I didn't feel a bond I honestly felt resentment. I didn't want to stop but I was really happy when she stopped. It was so much better for all of us. And she started growing more on formula.
There is nothing wrong with that at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareymac View Post
i didn't. Got discouraged in the hospital even tho they were absolutley horrendous to me. Then i never even got milk. I am okay with it. My child is happy and healthy and that is all that matters.
That's right!

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy