View Single Post
May 23rd, 2013, 04:01 PM
Super Mommy
Clothes, blankets, diapers, wipes, bum cream in case LO needs it, bottles.
You'll get some pacifiers, formula samples, diapers, lotion, and baby bath from the hospital. I wouldn't buy any until you know what you need and what baby prefers.
As for big things like swings/bouncers, if there is any way you can borrow one of each for a month or so, it may save you a lot of money. My DS LOVED the swing, hated the bouncer and rocker. Other babies hate them all or love a random one.
Honestly, though, you will be surprised by how much of the "must-haves" everyone talks about that you will actually feel you desperately need the first few weeks. Most of it can be collected over the first few weeks, so don't stress too much about having everything all ready. Every mommy is different in her needs/wants for baby, and you'll only figure that out after baby is here. For example, I HATED pre-swaddled blankets (the ones with the snaps that are inescapable-HA) and gowns with the big open hole at the bottom. But, I've met mommies who swear by both. Trial and error works for the first little bit.
Good luck!

Last edited by Bookreader; May 23rd, 2013 at 04:05 PM.