View Single Post
May 24th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Hello,

I'm very new to this and don't know if it will help but just want to talk to someone who's perhaps been in the same situation. I am 19 years old and have been travelling for the past year. I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks ago whilst in New Zealand, I have now returned home. I was still living with my partner however prior to me finding out I was pregnant we decided we were going to go our separate ways. He was very scared when I told him I was pregnant and instantly told me he didn't want the baby and that he would be there and love the baby if I chose to keep it but its not what he wants. I decided to return home after telling my parents who are extremely supportive. My ex partner didn't want to support me through the abortion and felt I would be better at home, seems like a cowards way out to me but hey! Anyway yesterday I went to the doctors to get a referral for an abortion, we were given a number to ring to book the abortion. My mum wants to come with me and the only appointment she can make is in 2 weeks so we have booked it for then, I will then be 9 weeks. I am very scared and I am Still not 100% sure it's what I want. One day I know I'm making the right decision and the next I think I'm not. I am feeling guilty for having the abortion because i Know if i kept the baby it would be so loved and would have everything it needs, i just feel im not ready for the responsibility. I'm just looking for some advice really.

Thanks.