View Single Post
May 24th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Super Mommy
I have to say that there is never really a moment where you can truly say you are 'ready' to become a parent and take on that responsibility. The most important thing your son or daughter needs is love, and you sound like you are ready to give that. Not only that, but you have supportive parents, and the baby will be adored and not want for anything. I agree with the other poster -- if you're main reason for booking the abortion was the strong negative reaction of your ex, you should definitely not go through with it. Letting someone else make the decision for you or pressure you to choose abortion can leave you with years of guilt and regret. If you are not absolutely sure you want an abortion, it's not the right choice for you.

You sound like you're in a great position to mother this little one -- you have a stable environment, a great support network, and you've just finished a fun travel fling. Of course it's initially scary, but I think you're going to be super excited and happy once it sinks in a little more. Join a due date club on JM, it's a great resource and adds to the fun!