If you have more than 1 child...
View Single Post
May 24th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Join Date: Nov 2009
As the weather gets warmer, it is really starting to hit me that our new little girl is going to be here soon! I am trying to think of anything I can to make the transition from toddler to toddler plus infant a little easier. DH is likely going to be starting a new job this summer, and I am probably going to have long (hot!) days alone with the girls.
So, looking back on when you brought a new baby into the mix, what are some practical things that you would have done differently to make things a little easier on yourself? Especially things that you could have done ahead of time.
Some of the things I am already thinking of are:
1. Cooking a bunch of freezer meals so I don't have to worry about much cooking right after baby is born.
2. Stocking up on cereal, bread, snacks, etc. so I don't have to worry about big trips to the grocery store for a while after baby is born.
3. Stocking up on some quick, portable meals for myself (like granola bars, protein bars, meal shakes, etc) so I can make sure I get some calories in even when things are hectic.
4. Making and freezing some smoothies so I can get some protein and cool off in the heat.
5. Buying/making some special toys (interactive ones like puzzles, books with flaps, magnet stories, art stuff) for Eleanor to use while I am busy with the baby.
I would love to hear other ideas, or even just things that were hard to handle during the transition so I can try to think of some creative solutions.
View Public Profile
Find all posts by ohnicole