View Single Post
May 25th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniRazz View Post
I was just diagnosed on Thursday and haven't been booked to meet with the dietitian yet.
Only thing I know that's going to be hard for me is to poke my finger as I'm really bad with needles. I'm glad you aren't finding the diet something hard to stick to, I've been dreading this and hoping this wouldn't be like being on a traditional diet but being pregnant. I generally eat really healthy but I have a little indulgence a couple times a week
with dd#3, I failed the one hour and they wanted me to do the 3 hr. I put it off for so long, It was about 1 month before delivery I finally got on the "diet". I don't like diets and did NOT want to be put on one while pregnant, but I found that it made me feel a lot better and I lost 7 lbs.

I was hoping to NOT have GD this time, but figured I did when I started the rapid weight gain and I was very happy to see the dietician to get the info I needed. It's actually refreshing because I have permission to eat the carbs at certain times. Before, I would feel guility about eating any carbs/white bread, etc.. but with the diet, I know how much to eat, and then you just have to wait another two hours to have more carbs. You can have all the veggies and protein you want in between though. I will still eat sugar, candy, ice cream, etc.. but I have to use up my carbs to do it.

The worst for me is the morning. I don't really like protein in the am. So, having to eat eggs or peanut butter is not my favorite.

Sticking your finger isn't that bad, it's annoying a little and I'm glad I only have to do it twice a day.