View Single Post
May 26th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
People that had binkies when I was in high school were rolling on ecstasty! LOL. He's just SO attached to it. And when he doesn't have it, he's chewing on his shirt constantly. He'll actually cry and say his "mouth hurts" when he doesn't have it. For a few months I had it to where he only used it at night but now it's pretty much in his mouth 24/7. I don't take pictures with it in and I don't let him use it in public. even he knows because he will ask to put his binky in my purse so "people don't think I'm a baby". Everyone has something to say about it so I generally just don't talk about it at all with anyone. I feel like it's just not at the top of my priority list right now. I'm proud of Matthew and I for getting him potty trained while I was on maternity leave, that was the one thing everyone told me would be "impossible" and we did it. I think when you have a baby that doesn't sleep, people just don't get it. I've also noticed people tend to think that what worked for their kids will work for everyone and that is frustrating. I really just don't talk about it anymore with very many people. Matthews daycare teacher made me cry the other day when I went to pick him up. She was talking to and cooing at the baby and asking about sleeping and I told her that she doesn't and she started tickling her feet and saying "that's because your mama didn't sleep train you huh??". It was everything I had not to say **** you and walk away. Instead I cried a little in the car (sleep deprivation makes me hormonal and emotional LOL) and resolved once again to not share our sleeping business with anyone any more.

Daffney