View Single Post
May 27th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethsgirl View Post
Sorry you're going through this, it souds very frustrating. I never trust blue dye tests. At this point if I were you I would just go in for blood work and ask the doctor what is going on if you don't have pcos anymore. If they do a beta and it's negative they can give you a medication to start your period. I hope you get some answers soon!

I just saw it says your daughter was born August of last year, are you breastfeeding? If so that can cause you to not have a period even if you've had your first post pregnancy period. And if you aren't breastfeeding it could sill be that your body isn't completely back to normal from having a baby less than a year ago.
I breastfed her for as long as I could - about three months. I work full time and I didn't respond to the pump so I dried up quicker than I wanted. I understand BFing can cause you not to have a period. I did have them throughout the BFing, though. I had my 4 or so weeks of bleeding right after giving birth, then a pause, and then I went right on to have normal periods.

I think at this point I'm going to wait a little while and then see my doc about manually starting my period. :/ it's so frustrating! Hubby and I wanted our kids to be close in age like he is with his siblings.