Topic: 4hearts
View Single Post
May 28th, 2013, 11:10 AM
I'm having a Girl!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4hearts View Post
What time is your apt today? Mine's at 2:15 EST. I'm really hoping it's in and out bc I'm just not in the mood or ready to go over the hardcore birth plans for a few reasons.

Last night I worked on the temporary nursery which is my DD's room. I'm going to have to kick thm out for th first month or so until I'm healed from the c/s bc their bed is the only place in the house that's the right height for me to get in and out of with an incision. We bed-share bc it makes nursing so much easier so we don't use a crib but we do have a bassinet for daytime naps. Anyways, I moved their bed and some other furniture around to make room for the changing table and had to sweep all the junk from under the furniture that's been trapped there. I'm about half done in there but it feels good to have gotten at least started on it since I'm 37 weeks today.

Do you have a nursery? What do you have left for baby prep? Have a good apt today!

Oh how funny, my appointment is at 2:15CDT. I can understand that...honestly my doctor hasn't really said anything to me about birth plans which is odd, and he basically told me I just have to go with the flow since I'm "going in to this blind" since I haven't had birthing classes....which is crazy to me, but whatever. There are a few things I will make sure to tell him, and my DF knows that we absolutely do and do not want to happen when she is brought into this world.

That's a good idea, and I hear that it makes feedings so much easier. LOL I kept reading everyone's posts and felt sooo behind on my nursery so I can relate to you a lot with that. I'm glad you got some stuff done, I'm sure that has helped ease the stress quite a bit.
I'm in SHOCK that I will be 39 weeks on Thursday....

I do have a nursery now, which I will have to post pictures of. Although she won't be in there at first. I bought a bassinet to go in mine and DF's room so that she will be right next to me to make feedings easier.
The only thing I really feel like I haven't done yet for her is pack our bags lol. I have YET to complete that. I just....feel so lost at what to pack. Not only is she my first, but I've never stayed in the hospital before...so I feel lost. I'm trying to think of it as what I would pack to go away for a few days, but it's so different haha.
What else do you feel like you absolutely HAVE to do before your little one gets here?

Thank you! I hope you have a good appointment as well!! You should be there now

*Amanda*