View Single Post
May 28th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks for all these great responses, ladies. If CM is any indicator, I think the moment for any unapproved BDing has passed... Part of me wishes we had just gone for it, but then the other tells me that we agreed early on that we'd rather have a BFN than multiples, and we still believe that.

Lucy, this is my second Follistim+IUI cycle. The first one resulted in our DD. I think the RE may be taking that history into account. On that cycle, we had a 16mm and a 14mm when we triggered and nothing else. So I think when the RE sees two 19 and two 15, knowing we had a pregnancy last time with a 16, I think they worry about quads. I get it. And I agree that we don't want quads. We just don't want to have to deal with all the terrible decisions involved there. So everything makes sense and I understand why the decision was made and why DH and I are abiding by it, it's just not the outcome we wanted, of course.

In the grand scheme of things, though, it's not that much of a setback. It's always better to have too many than too few, so we should be thankful for that. This isn't really that big a deal. Hopefully we'll just be able to make a fresh start next month. And next month, I will call the nurse incessantly if I feel my dose is wrong rather than being the polite patient and going with the flow.

Thanks for letting me vent here a bit, ladies. Hoping everyone gets their BFP pronto! (but not with quads!)

TTC#2:
May-June 2013: Follistim + IUI = overstimulated, cycle cancelled
July 2013: Follistim + IUI = m/c at 4.5 weeks
August-Sept 2013: BCPs then IVF = freeze-all due to OHSS risk
October 2013: Natural cycle = BFN
November 6, 2013: Day 1 !!!!
November 24, 2013: Transferred one thawed euploid male embryo
November 29, 2013: BFP!
August 12, 2014: Cautiously hoping for this due date