Topic: Our Baby!
View Single Post
May 29th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
was born Friday. It was so NOT the birth I wanted, but I did pretty darn well under the circumstances. John Anthony was born on Friday. I was induced after four days in an out-of-state hospital. I actually had to be moved to ICU for the birth, because of the blood pressure med they put me on. Labor was record-setting fast, contractions were nearly constant from the beginning, but not the worst I've had. John weighed in at 5lb, 14.5oz and 19 inches long. We made it home on Monday.

We are still having issues getting him to latch. My milk came in but doesn't seem to be letting down. I try nursing and then I am pumping to supplement via syringe or finger feeding. A few times he has latched on really well, but he mostly just suckles. He doesn't really take the long "drinking" sucks at all yet. Other times he is so hungry that trying to nurse just ticks him off, LOL! He's such a sweet little guy, though. Not fussy at all, just when he's hungry. The kids have worked out a system to take turns on who gets to hold him. He's going to be so spoiled, just like the baby of the family should be!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!